Flying Over The Festive Period?
15 December 2018
Scheduled flights can be unpredictable at this time of year, with icy weather in different parts of the world, and many scheduled aircraft fully booked making your trip very difficult at the least, if not impossible. An easy and efficient journey is key festive travellers and businesses alike.
So how do the costs of a scheduled flight compare to a private jet?
The longer times needed to clear airport security nowadays and seasonal flight delays make some scheduled business flights very costly when considering the salary of the individuals travelling.
Equally if you are travelling for leisure, delays are particularly unpleasant if you are with children or older members of your family.
Around 6.3 hours can be wasted when taking a scheduled flight pre and post trip, even without delays and not including the time of the flight itself. Many C-Suite Executives can be paid around £1,000 an hour, so when one takes into account lost productivity, suddenly private jet travel doesn’t seem like an extravagance at all, more like efficient planning.
Another advantage of using a private jet is the flexibility, and ease of resolving what might initially seem like complicated logistics.
We see many of our clients using private charter travel to visit multiple destinations in a short period of time. A private jet can leave from an airport close by, requiring just 20 minutes to check in, clear security and board, allowing passengers to fly to Milan in the morning, be in Frankfurt for lunch and back to London by mid-afternoon. That’s just not possible if you fly commercial. This trip would cost around £12,000 on a light jet.
Likewise, if you have family in different parts of the globe, and would like to visit everyone over the festive season, this is very easily achieved with a private jet.
With 3000 private airports in Europe, 4000 in the USA and 350 new airports being built in Asia, many people can be in the air within an hour of leaving their house or office. One Surrey based film executive will only fly from Farnborough as he can get there in a little over 30 minutes from his home and be in Cannes (for the Film Festival) in less than three hours door-to-door.
Some examples of Private Flight Costs:
London – Milan with a stop in Frankfurt for lunch.
- Very Light/Light Jet – starting from £12,000 GBP
- Mid/Super Midsize Jet - Starting from £18,000
- Heavy Jet – Starting from £22,000
Farnborough – Cannes / Nice
- Very Light/Light Jet – Starting from £9,000
- Mid/Super Midsize Jet – Starting from £13,000
- Heavy Jet – Starting from £16,000
Teterboro – Van Nuys
- Midsize/Super Midsize – Starting from £23,000 (fuel stop maybe required)
- Heavy Jets – Starting from £29,000
- EMTPY LEGS on a heavy jet starting from USD $26,000
Bangkok – Hong Kong
- Light Jets – Starting from £17,000
- Midsize/Super Midsize – Starting from £25,000
- Heavy Jets – Starting from £30,000
Dubai – Riyadh
- Midsize/Super Midsize – starting from £17,000
- Heavy Jets – Starting from £20,000